– On the Website
– In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Website
– On the Service
– We do not collect any more Personal Information than is necessary to provide the Services or to fulfill our legitimate business purposes;
– We do not keep your Personal Information after it is no longer needed; and
Customers or individuals invited to use a decision making tool by a Customer ("Authorized Users") routinely submit Customer Data to Helm when using the Services.
Helm is primarily a Data Processor for Data provided by the Customer (Data Controller). In order to use Helm Services, Personal Data provided by the Customer directly or indirectly (invitation to access Personal Data from a Workspace, or other) are accessible by Helm in order to generate and/or operate decision making tools. Authorized Users may provide Helm with their Personal Data directly at instances, for example when they provide feedback or request client support or in any way communicate with Helm. Helm will not collect or use any sensitive personal data unless Helm has received an express consent regarding the specific data.
When you register as a User, you may be asked to provide certain information such as your name, email address, and phone number. All information we collect and/or receive under this section is collectively called “Contact Information.” The Contact Information is used to provide the requested Services, and to contact Users for purposes of direct marketing of our current and future products and services.
Decision Making, Workspace and Account Information
Teams use Helm services and its capabilities to achieve efficient collaboration, better results and communication among members. To use, create or update a decision making tool, you or your Customer (e.g., your employer) supply Helm with information that may include an email address, phone number, password, domain and/or similar account details. In addition, Customers provide Helm (or its payment processors) with billing details such as credit card information, banking information and/or a billing address and/or email address.
In an ongoing effort to improve the Website and Services, we automatically collect certain information when Visitors visit the Website and Users access the Services. This information consists of IP addresses, browser type and language, referring and exit pages and URLs, date and time, amount of time spent on particular pages, what sections of the Website Visitors visit, and similar information concerning your use of the Website, and Services.
Typically, Third Party Services are software that integrates with our Services, and Customer can permit its Authorized Users to enable and disable certain integrations, while other (e.g. invoicing, billing, payments’ integrations) are required for the operation of Helm therefore Customer or Authorized Users are required to use if they intend to use Helm. Once enabled, the provider of a Third Party Service may share certain information with Helm. Authorized Users should check the privacy settings and notices in these Third Party Services to understand what data may be disclosed to Helm. When a Third Party Service is enabled, Helm is authorized to connect and access Other Information made available to Helm in accordance with our agreement with the Third Party Provider. We do not, however, receive or store passwords or means of payment/ transaction details (for example credit-card numbers) for any of these Third Party Services when connecting them to the Services. Furthermore, for purposes of Due Diligence, Analytics, Client Support, Quality Control and Communication we may employ Third Party Services in view to acquire information and data, as well as Personal Data, in order to comply with our legal, contractual or client service and support obligations as well as improve our product. Such services may include (list non-exhaustive) Google Analytics, Stripe, Mailchimp, DigitalOcean, etc.
Helm may receive data as stated above, as well as about organizations, industries, Website visitors, marketing campaigns and other matters related to our business from parent corporation(s), affiliates and subsidiaries, our partners or others that we use to make our own information better or more useful. This data may be combined with Other Information we collect and might include aggregate level data, such as which IP addresses correspond to zip codes or countries. Or it might be more specific: for example, how well an online marketing or email campaign performed.
Customer Data will be used by Helm in accordance with Customer’s instructions, including any applicable terms in the Customer Agreement and Customer’s use of Services functionality, and as required by applicable law. Helm is a processor of Customer Data and Customer is the controller. Customer may, for example, use the Services to grant and remove access to an Authorized User, assign roles and configure settings, access, modify, export, share and remove Customer Data and otherwise apply its policies to the Services.
Helm uses Other Information in furtherance of our legitimate interests in operating our Services, Websites and business. We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us:
– To present, update, maintain, and protect our Website, its contents, and our Services.
– As required by applicable law, legal process, or regulation
– To communicate with you by responding to your request, comments, and questions.
– To provide you with information or Services that you request from us.
– To develop and provide search, learning and productivity tools and additional features. Helm tries to make the Services as useful as possible for Customers and Authorized Users.
– To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
– To send emails and other communications. We may send you service, technical and other administrative emails, messages and other types of communications. These communications are considered part of the Service and you may not opt out of them. We may send marketing emails from which you can unsubscribe at any time.
– To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
– To notify you about changes to our Website or any Services we offer or provide though it.
– For billing, account management and other administrative matters
– To investigate and help prevent security issues and abuse.
– To provide Helm Reports
– In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
– For any other purpose with your consent.
We may disclose aggregated or de-identified information about our Users and Customers, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction for any business purpose.
We may disclose Personal Information that we collect or you provide as described here:
– To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
– To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
– To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Helm’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Helm about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
– Customer Access. Owners, administrators, Authorized Users and other Customer representatives and personnel may be able to access, modify or restrict access to Other Information. This may include, for example, your employer using Service features to export activity logs and reports.
– To fulfill the purpose for which you intend. For example, if you invite a teammate to your project, we will email the teammate with your name and Project Information.
– To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
– For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
– With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
– To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
– To enforce or apply our terms of service and other agreements.
– If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Helm, our customers, or others.
You may review and/or change the personal information that you have provided to us within the settings page and on your profile page.
In addition, you may manage your receipt of marketing communications by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of any Helm marketing emails. We will try to process these requests quickly. You cannot opt-out of receiving transactional emails related to your account with Helm.
You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information without also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Website or Service, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Website users. Proper access and use of information provided on the Website, including User Contributions, is governed by our terms of service.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see [Your California Privacy Rights] for more information.
Under the GDPR, you may be entitled to additional rights. If you want to learn more about your rights under the GDPR, you can visit the European Commission’s page on Data Protection.
To exercise any applicable rights, please contact us by email at email@example.com with [GDPR Request] as the subject line.
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit California Consumer Privacy Act.
California’s Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with [California Privacy Rights Request] as the subject line.
We have implemented measures to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not 100% secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. We ask that you keep your account password confidential, and log out of your account when using shared computers.
Our Website is not intended for anyone under 13, and we don’t knowingly collect personal information from anyone under 13. We may also limit how we collect, store, and use information of users under 16, which may limit the functionality we can provide to those users. If you are under 16, we may require your parent’s consent before we collect and use your information.
To communicate with the person responsible for Data Protection and response to security incidents, please email email@example.com